Posted on September 22, 2011 by Chrissy
- Stamps: Stampin’ Up The Art of Life, Summer by the Sea, Hope Is…
- Paper: Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip
- Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery, Versamark
- Accessories: ribbon, brad/buckle, clear embossing powder
- Technique: sponge/ink distressing, embossing
I created this card to go along with the gift for a wedding my family attended two weekends ago. My inspiration came from the invitation we received in the mail, but the resulting card is much less “simple” than the bride and groom’s invite was. Despite this goof-up on my end, I do really like the way this turned out, especially once we put it on display on top of the gift package!
Thank you so much for stopping by! As always, if you would kindly leave me a link back to your blog or card gallery, I would love to visit and leave you feedback in return!
Have a blessed day,
Filed under: Occasions, Stamp Companies, Stampin Up, Weddings | Tagged: Hope Is, Summer by the Sea, The Art of Life | Leave a comment »
Posted on July 7, 2009 by Chrissy
- Stamps: Summer by the Sea, Floral (background stamp on sage panel), Linen (used on sand panel), Elegant Inspirations (sentiment)
- Paper: White, Close to Cocoa, Sage Shadow, generic sand
- Ink: Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, Sahara Sand
- Accessories: Twine, scallop-edge scissors, sponge, distressing tool
- Technique: sponging, distressing
I apologize for the lack of a description here but I actually created this card over a week ago, and I’ve just been far too busy to post it! Basically, we’ve got a few weddings coming up later this summer so we were in need of a few cards. A lot of times we’ll use elements of the invitation and create a custom wedding card for the couple, but in these cases we aren’t particularly close to any of the couples so I just got creative and made a few “generics.” While I was at it I made a duplicate of this one also as we need several cards!
Thanks for looking – please let me know what you think!
Filed under: Occasions, Stampin Up, Weddings | Tagged: Elegant Inspirations, Floral, Linen, Summer by the Sea | 2 Comments »
Posted on June 19, 2009 by Chrissy
- Stamps: Give Thanks, Summer by the Sea, Antique Cracking
- Paper: White, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Old Olive
- Ink: Chocolate Chip, Versamark
- Accessories: Ribbon, colored pencils, baby oil, blending stump, distressing tool, sponge
- Technique: Gamsol magic, distressing, sponging
Yup, I’m still here! It was a very stormy day yesterday so I had a bit of a hankering to make another card and since the weather was preventing me from doing anything outside, I sat down to make another card! :0)
I purchased this set last week at a rummage sale my SU demonstrator had. She has a little sale once or twice a year to clear out old stuff and make room for new! She is extremely fair with the pricing and takes good care of her stuff so it is very exciting when I find a set I’ve been wanting in her “for sale” pile! I have wanted this particular set (“Give Thanks”) for quite some time, even making several unsuccessful attempts to buy it off of eBay last fall. I have always thought it was perfect for coloring and the images could be used for so many different occasions!
This particular card is intended as a birthday card but I left it blank inside in case I another use would arise for it. The design and color combo is my creation – I didn’t even glance through the SU catalog to get inspiration, I just sat down with the intent of using the image of the bucket of apples.
I’m not sure why the bottom of my photo turned out so blurry – the sentiment on the bottom of the card is actually quite crisp and clear. The photo also does not clearly show the versamark background stamping on the Real Red panel.
Please let me know what you think and thanks so much for looking!
Filed under: Stampin Up | Tagged: Antique Cracking, Give Thanks, Summer by the Sea | Leave a comment »